View Single Post
Old 2006-02-25, 02:31   Link #42
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K
Won't happen unfortunately. Unless Funi have an absolute killer marketing campaign, I just can't see KgNE selling well... especially with a title like "Rumbling Hearts".

That said, I'd like to be proven wrong. Not that I particularly liked KgNE, but I would like to see more titles in the "anime-formerly-Visual Novel" genre being licensed, which is certain to happen if (big "if") Rumbling Hearts does well.
For what it's worth, I think that KgNE sets itself apart from others of similar lineage mostly due to the age of the protagonists. It plays a lot more like a soap opera and, although the character designs are certainly a draw, it's less about a parade of bishoujo than most others in the genre. So, basically what I'm saying is that I'm not sure that success for Kiminozo would automatically translate into success for others in the genre. At the same time, with the proper marketing, I think this one could do pretty well. I don't think anyone's expecting miracles (hence the release format), but it should do pretty well by word-of-mouth and have some staying power, sales-wise. That's all just speculation though, of course; time will tell... Looking forward to getting the DVDs this Fall.