View Single Post
Old 2010-12-27, 11:54   Link #1655
demonkevy666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightrunner View Post
I believe children are important too I just hate how society makes it harder for everybody especially for kids.

Not illogical. Since people can't retire in this day and age careers can't end. Some people will work until they die unless they get medically terminated. Besides how can anybody have kids when they retire except through adoption?
because we're not planing ahead
I'm out of school with no girl friend, but have a job. >_>
8 of the people I knew in school all already having kids.
of course I kids too, but I'd rather have a house first and stable place with a wife.
hell some of them aren't even done with school yet, and aregoing to collage.

we can't exactly say that since there are famous people over 40 who are having children, right now ( Mariah Carey, pretty sure she's 40)
they're might be age, where they can't have kids, but I see that's highly impractical for a human. it's all about spreading their genes on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I don't care about whether the population of India or Latin America goes up. For me, the increasing of Japanese and Koreans is more important.

The problem with "retirement" in this case is that you're forced to quit when you're in your prime, which also happens to be the prime childbearing age.

And what's the thing about DNA/
that's what sucks the most, it's hard to ever get out of work to live for you own life. Not be a tool for someone else

genes going on when you mate?
you want your genes to be the end of oh I don't know hazel eyes in your family

Quote:
Originally Posted by dredmorte View Post
I am sorry if this has nothing to do with what you said, perhaps i read your statement out of context, but in my opinion, automation, robots etc, only increase your productivity. They'll never make you work less. They'll simply create new jobs.

Imagine this, hundreds of years ago, almost everyone worked on agriculture, because a farmer could, if not unlucky, produce only a little more than what he needed for himself. However, when agriculture evolved, in order to feed the whole population, less farmers became necessary, many farmers lost their jobs and eventually got other professions. These professions were simply not viable before.

Sadly, humans beings are willing to work about 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, for about 60 years. Give or take, no technology will change that a whole lot.
robots suck, were almost already like robots now lol
about the farmers less farmers meant cheaper food, but I can't think what good that really did.
Inflation just took that away in the end :/
demonkevy666 is offline   Reply With Quote