Thread: Licensed Eureka Seven: Astral Ocean
View Single Post
Old 2012-05-19, 12:58   Link #1002
Arya

About Fleur's matter, I didn't find her behavior so strange. They are not playing with PSP, that's a real war scenario and people die. So she wants Ao would not underestimate the situation thanks to that apparent childish/friendly context Gen Blue is in. And looking how Ao's fights have been easy going so far, that's another mark taht could lead him to underestimate situations.
Ao has to prove his determination, so she asked that question. It is not a matter of friendship nor politeness, but trust. If she trusts him then politeness and friendship will come. Or so I think it's her reasoning there. Obviously the fact we are talking about teenagers can fool our perception of the matter. BTW, Elena didn't even give him a chance so far.

That how it could be, I don't know if they are pursuing that or her/their behavior is driven only by some previous comrade loss, as already mentioned, and very plausible.

Anyways, all in all I tend to agree with Reckoner's feeling about AO progression.
I mean I really enjoyed the first three episodes, with Ao, Naru and the gramps, but now the whole Gen Blue setting looks a bit plain. I don't know what it is yet. I have no problem with the all-girls crew, neither with Elena in particular. Neither with the Bruno's team, even if his death didn't affect me at all and I still don't understand why he did that. Not that it is relevant by now, but the way they showed us looked underwhelming.
Let's say that they don't shine in originality.
If I have to say anyways I'm glad that this time they put their efforts on the main characters instead of the supporting cast. So I can live with Gen Blue.
Surely I still can't take the fights seriously. I mean, each time Ao doesn't look to strive to accomplish his task. Even this episode, he mounted on his IFO and killed the monster of the day as it was a piece of cake.
Let's see how things will go now with the shapeshifter. Even if from what I got he doesn't look a direct threat for Ao yet.

By the way, don't get me wrong, I'm really enjoying the show so far.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote