View Single Post
Old 2013-04-30, 00:28   Link #6395
Chris38

Thinking about it, the reason why Godou and the rest of the Campione have some restrictions put on the powers that they obtain from the god ('s) they killed, might be caused by the fact that they have been originally human.

In other words, killing a god, lessens (blur's) the differences between a god and a human, but it probably, can't completely fill up the gap, that exist between a human and a god.

Basically, what I want to say, is that there exists a limit, of how much "essence" of the slain god, a humans body - which, probably depends on the compatibility between the defeated god and the human who has "killed" him - since, if that hasn't been the case, there would be pretty much, no difference between a godslayer and an actual god.

Now, the differences, are going to lessen, once the human body, gets a little more used to the "essence" of the god, that is contained in it - which, most likely requires a few years of being a godslayer, but they won't be fully gone, since ... there is pretty much nothing indicating that humans can actually become "gods", in this novel. ( I know, that there exist something like a Divine Ancestor in this series, but I think that it's not the same as being a god.)
Chris38 is offline   Reply With Quote