View Single Post
Old 2011-05-16, 02:13   Link #78
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
You could well be right, and I hope that you are.

Truth be told, episodes like this one are pretty much inevitable in a two-cour slice of life anime. If not for Episode 3, I'd probably just say that this episode is one of those inevitable comedic side-story ones that focuses on a specific supporting cast character, and be happy that it's good for what it is.

Right now, I'm a bit torn between the two sides of the discussion on this thread. I see where both sides are coming from.

The term "cautious optimism" probably sums up my take towards this anime the best right now.
I can live with cautious optimism to describe my state of mind about HanaIro - though it feels like "trepidation" should be mixed in there somewhere...

I certainly agree that this episode would worry me much less if it hadn't been for #3. Fool me twice, though... We'll see. Again, though - discordant tonal shifts aside, these eps wouldn't bother me nearly so much if they'd actually been funny. Maybe if you're going to throw in a slapstick episode once a month, you should hire a writer who actually writes good slapstick...