View Single Post
Old 2018-02-23, 19:05   Link #72
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
I can't/won't answer why this happened (everyone has their one take on it and believes they're right while everyone else is wrong), nor do I have much in the way of an answer of how to stop it, other than by nuking every human so that no humans to kill=no humans can be killed, but they tell me that answer is highly frowned upon. Instead, I come here to pose another thought provoking question: These mass shootings are becoming far too commonplace; I really scare myself by knowing that I can literally just shrug it off and say "eh, there'll be another one in a few months anyways". And yet, I wonder if these actually have a purpose. And that purpose is very simple: nature's new form of population control.

Think about it: we've advanced so far in technology and science that most of what Nature throws at us we're able to fend off, whether it's diseases or natural disasters. And yet I firmly believe that nature must have a population control mechanism for its largest species, which in this case is humans. Granted, China is the anomaly in this case, but the US otherwise has one of the largest populations in the world. Are these shootings becoming more and more commonplace because on some uber-deep level, this is now becoming a form of population control? Sure, the impacts so far haven't really been population-changing, but it does take time for this kind of stuff to get to that scale level

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!