View Single Post
Old 2011-06-15, 00:36   Link #17
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random32 View Post
Intels naming scheme sucks.
Tell me about it. I prefer the really old schemes where you could tell the clock speed from the name, but that's going way back.

Quote:
Some i5's indeed do not support turbo.
Yeah, but what I'm running into is an i5 (the i5-2410m) which has turbo mode listed in Intel's chip identifier too, but not in descriptions of a Lenovo laptop that has the chip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthtank View Post
I guess media players have a big impact on performance from what I'm reading. I use VLC (hah) myself and Media Player Classic with CCCP when I need to. I've never seen nor knew that subtitles could bring a modern PC to a crawl. Then again I spend more time on this forum than actually watching anime so I don't know why I'm here...
VLC's subtitle renderer is much faster than VSfilter (used in CCCP) in my experience. VSFilter's strength is compatibility but definitely not speed.

For the frequent VLC users out there, how is the player compatibility wise? In my (limited) experience, the subtitle rendering was quite good, even dealing with some stuff that didn't work right on MPC-HC's internal renderer (the one used when you select DXVA), but I did find that certain files had issues if I tried to skip past scenes. And of course, it still doesn't have ordered chapters support.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.