View Single Post
Old 2012-05-02, 00:16   Link #85
wisteria233

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vena View Post
I didn't mean to sit down and talk to get Amata to like her, the current problem she's facing needs talking with Amata (not just random people) because, as the episode made quite clear, she cannot figure it out herself and he is the center of it all. If she could sort this out, this was a waste of time that they just spent an episode tearing her apart to drag on drama, the fact that she's willing to throw away her life should make it obvious that she has no idea what to do anymore. A rejection is a rejection but, usually, relationships don't end on just the word and have a long discussion that follows; we've not had this and Zessica needs this. Friends and connections are the underlying themes of this show, closing yourself up is not the proper way to go about things (Andy and Zessica). Its not an overly hidden juxtaposition we have here:
And what could Amata do? In fact, why should he do it at all? Amata may be the cause of her behavior but his not at fault for it. He is not obligated to that for Zessica, and even if he did, what would he say to her? Her not being able to figure out that she's trying to gain Amata's attention by changing herself, and failing, is not Amata's problem, its Zessica's problem. Heck, speaking as a female, that's the worse thing that you can do, because its either embarrassing or it makes the guy look like an egotistical prick.

I find it funny how people expect for Amata to go above and beyond for Zessica despite him not even holding her to a high enough regard to do that for her, and it also being incredibly unrealistic for him to try. Amata did his part when he rejected her, now Zessica needs to do her part and get over it. Amata doesn't need to say anything else to her on this matter, the subject is closed. He owes Zessica no further obligations.

Quote:
-> Amata, Mikono, and MIX, were closed off people when the show started. They've since grown out of this, though Mikono has been relapsing because of "Kagura, I don't know!"
-> Andy and Zessica started this show as open and eager, so to speak, and they've since started clamping up little by little because of their new emotions.
Except both Mikono and Mix just admitted that they have a hard time expressing how they feel in this episode, and that the problem stems from their Daddy issues.
Andy and Zessica are not much alike, when Andy realized that he liked Mix he chased after her, but after she turned him down he decided that he wouldn't case after such a cold woman. It was not until after he found out the reason for her behavior that he started to put a real effort into the chasing after her. In the previous episode Andy got upset not because he botched his confession and couldn't get his words across to Mix, who then got mad at him.
Zessica on the other hand was flirting around with Amata, but unlike Andy she didn't have her eye on him, she was just playing around at Amata's detriment, because it amused her. However, once she realized that she liked him she clammed up and kept her distance. She had to be goaded into confessing to Amata, and once she did she fell into denial.

Quote:
I'll throw this out now. Amata has not *messed up*, and has never been in a situation like Andy. He's never done anything wrong to earn Mikono's ire, the man is a walking saint as far as this show has presented him. He's simply caught in awkward moments because of the drama aspect of this show and the personality they decided to hand to Mikono. Andy is not a saint, he's a horny teen and he made a genuine but unintentional mistake, and thinks that MIX hates him now. Andy is stuck and needs to talk, unfortunately, he needed something drastic to snap him out of his wallowing in self-pity. Zessica similarly needed something drastic and got it too.

None of them are identical, but I have a hard time overlapping Amata with Andy, or Mikono with MIX.
Really? because episodes 3, and 7 beg to differ, I distinctly remember Amata trying apologize/ explain himself to Mikono over a misunderstanding. I find it interesting how people easily forget the events of previous episodes, and both times Amata got depressed disheartened by Mikono getting mad at him, not unlike Mix was towards Andy in episode 17.