View Single Post
Old 2012-05-02, 09:41   Link #97
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I truly don't get why you and kuro talk about Amata and Zessica as though they're two strangers to one another. Don't you think that simply being a reliable/trusted friend and combat ally to someone means you owe them a certain level of basic care and concern?
I'm not saying they're strangers, I'm saying Amata doesn't owe Zessica to go out his way to console her for rejecting her. Sure, as a friend he should be gentle and careful, and did try to do just that, but Zessica ran off. What would you have Amata do? Go after her when she clearly doesn't want him to, corner her, and tell her "just to make this clear, I don't like you like that"?

Quote:
Well, during all those times that Zessica basically flirted with Amata, did Amata ever tell her to "cut it out"? Did he ever ask her to stop? Maybe I'm forgetting a scene somewhere, but I don't recall him ever asking her to cut it out.
He never told her to cut it out already (he did protest, which was treated as part of the flying boner gag), but again, that was something I've complained about before: they were avoiding it because that would've ruined the gag and taken Zessica's relationship with him in a direction that the writers didn't want take. But every time Zessica did that he was very clearly uncomfortable, and every time he was desperate to assure Mikono that it was just a misunderstanding.

Quote:
I'm not saying that he should make himself a shoulder to cry on. All I meant by "see her through this" is to let her down easily. And then just be a good friend/ally in general.
But he tried to do that. He can't really do anything more, not without hurting her (and further jeopardizing his relationship with Mikono).

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Triple_R: it's good reasoning but it's just not consistent with the way the show's inner logic seems to work.
You mean the shows nonexistent inner logic. ^^;; Re: Yunoha having no comment on Mikono protecting the guy who attacked the school and killed a number of their classmates (and also inadvertantly caused Jin's death). And so on and so on...

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2012-05-02 at 09:58.