View Single Post
Old 2012-09-08, 05:31   Link #322
Dragonkid11
A random-man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The orb-sharp seem to be pretty universal though there are some design difference like having extended legs or three different orb making up it's main body. The circular design seem to have the purpose of 'deflecting' incoming rounds, similar to how modern tanks have angular designs. There's also something they call an 'Onion Armor', judging by it's name I'm guessing the Object is wrapped in several layers of that armor, making it harder to penetrate.... And easier to maintain.

Different Objects have different main guns; the more commonly used ones seem to be a Railgun or a Laser cannon. Then there's some unique ones like the low-stability plasma cannon. But that's just the MAIN gun; there are several dozen to a hundred smaller cannons made up of different weapons like Anti-air, Anti-personnel lasers etc.... Though those are ineffective against other Objects.

Aside from it's overwhelming firepower and high defense capability, the reason why Objects are insanely powerful is because of their unholy movement speed. For something that is 200 000 ton in weight, their average speed is in excess of 300kph in a duel with another Object... That's faster than a sports car. Their top speed is around 500 kph.
Well,I be damned,the author has exact idea as mine in term of ultimate land war machine.Inertia nullifier in 20 to 40 meters mecha=A bunch of BIGGUNs on legs with speed of up to several kilometers per second.

Also,the dependency on the Object really annoy me,a ENTIRE base is dedicated to just one(or two if possible) object.A battle is automatically lost when the Object goes down.Then again,the Object probably cost a lot(Probably billions just for maintenance and repair)
Dragonkid11 is offline   Reply With Quote