Thread: Licensed Tenjo Tenge!
View Single Post
Old 2004-04-24, 13:38   Link #202
Seiryuu

I've been through the forum for awhile, and it seems that the rule animesuki follows is that an anime isn't "licensed" util a company actually states their ownership and intent to act upon said ownership of a certain series.(by intent I mean that Viz probably has several sweet licenses hidden away that they aren't announcing right now for their own reasons, and until they do, it has no meaning to me). Thus, Kaleidostar was pre-licensed because ADV had not only co-produced it, but also clearly stated that part of their production deal was that they would distro the finished product in America. Without that last statement, Kaleidostar would not have been "licensed" in the terms I see at this site. So, until Geneon USA puts up a trailer, or announces its ownership, such films as Tenjou Tenge and Sounanda(also made by Geneon) are NOT licensed. I'm basically wondering if there was some announcement I haven't heard about, that somehow didn't get listed with the License List, or some other reason that AnimeOne's sub isn't linked on this site, and why this is in the license section.
Side note, TT is a very unique series. I couldn't stop laughing until the final creds. Never seen something that hilarious. One thing bothers me though. When the chibi transforms into a woman, why is it that THOSE transform first? Don't ever pause on that part. Terrifying image, that one.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote