View Single Post
Old 2012-07-17, 16:03   Link #575
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
What the... I didn't even mention the term "professional" ... Why are you trying to lecture me about the term "professional"? I'll try to put it even more simple:

The competitors, like the audience, take this tournament very seriously. Except for Jae Gu, who's supposed to be the odd one out, most actual appearing characters are presented to be (for their age) experts in their field. They may not make money with it but you can't deny that they're very serious about their sport. How is it wrong to expect a sensible set of fair tournament rules in a story that focuses so much on competitive martial arts? The author surely didn't choose this system because they're just highschool students and this doesnt "drag this sorta shit out"

About the people dropping out: Each and every one of the competitors participated feely on their own, so we can assume they have some confidence in their fighting abilities, right? That also means they should have some experience with fullcontact martial arts. People giving up before a fight rather than during a fight is a mere plot device to me.
The fight system is almost anything goes almost no rules, and it's mixed gender. There's nothing "fair" about this competition, it's dangerous as fuck. Hence why I said standard highschooler who may be at first interested in this sort of thing would likely change there mind when they found out more about it. Basically they wanted to get on TV but didn't want to get hurt. From that point of view it's not exactly illogical. People have attempted to do far more silly things in order to become famous.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote