View Single Post
Old 2011-01-22, 14:32   Link #21645
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForsaken View Post
That's why I think Battler is the culprit. The following is my theory.

If you ask me why and how he did it, the answer is I don't know, and we'll never know. Almost everything was written by Battler and he's never portrayed himself as a murderer. "Battler-kun is not the culprit. Battler-kun didn’t kill anyone. This can be said of all games." That's it, Battler/Character is always the good guy in the novels Battler/Writer wrote.
For your theory to function, two things would have to be proven that I just don't see that way:

a) The whole meta-world would have to be within the narrative that is published as books in the 1998 world, which it is not in my theory, because especially the scenes involving Ange and everything concerning the effects on 1998 wouldn't make much sense...especially considering that Hachijô Tôya/Ex-Battler had no contact with Ange post-tragedy up to the point where he met her in the ???? during Episode 8.

b) The whole red truth would be fictional and therefore useless, rendering a whole part of the narrative virtually useless both for us and the characters. I just refuse to assume that Ryukishi would be that lame...
haguruma is offline   Reply With Quote