Thread: Shina Dark
View Single Post
Old 2008-08-04, 13:46   Link #120
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Darn you, I had thought a new chapter came out .
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Where is the fun when Satan's good personalities were exposed, and the fighting inside the manga become like a RPG game (which serve as plot device so no1 died ). Even the town lost its uniqueness as their population will soon even out the gender rate.
Certainly,i didn't expect Satan to live with such huge Harem. But I would like he show that he can deal with the situation with a more "realistic"(well you know what i meant) and believable manners.
The whole point of Satan being actually good is to show that the stories about him were greatly falsified. And where exactly does it show itself as a rpg game? Other than possibly the random lv maze and fighting the dragon, all of the subsequent battles seem plausible to me. Of course, it could have been like Seirun(from Girls Bravo, with all women population), but he obviously wanted the island to become a country. Why would you only keep women on the island if that was your intention? IMO, it'd be more unrealistic if he DIDN'T even out the population with males :\.
Quote:
Seriously: if Satan(the real one) send you a message and tell you to come and live in hell (Shina Dark is a version of it ) with him where thousands of his wives are living freely there by their will. Will you take the offer?

I don't even have any religious to believe in God and devil, and nowadays, with technologies, news can fly within seconds. Still it rather silly for me to come 1000 miles close to that zone (if it really exist) without careful thoughts
There was a good chance that the good word was spreading out about the country. Remember, Hajime(the ninja girl) did send word to her clan about how Satan and his island really was. Word could have easily spread due to that clan. Not to mention that, in other countries, some of the populace had absolutely nothing(like when that queen banished her own people simply cuz it was in her view whe she looked out the window), so they had no choice(other than going to the enemy's country 0.0 ).

Quote:
Now the plot become similar to so many fantasy manga, with main powerful character suddenly become King of a nation and under threat by those nations around him
I'm pretty sure he said he did not want to become king of that country, which is the reason he elected Christina and Galett as the positions for its leadership. And, unless you've read past ch 13, only Vansable(Galett's home country, or perhaps its just that one suspicious guy that's the right hand man of the emperor) wants to threaten Satan's country at the moment. I will admit that Vansable is a bit too quick to want to destroy Satan's island, but it is understandable. Galett sent letters saying Satan isn't dangerous and is nice, which their parliment leaders intercepted from Galett's grandfather. Since they want to conquer many nations anyway, by conquering Satan's island first, they could easily be feared as an unstoppable nation.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote