View Single Post
Old 2010-12-04, 01:22   Link #125
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Your argument has quite a few holes in it. What if the attack the enemy uses to destroy the clone isn't new? As for the rest of your argument, what you're saying is that there's no chance Naruto will ever lose enough chakra to perform a rasengan? Well, then what's the point of chakra limitations at all if he can just have however much is convenient for the plot? That's just bad writing. There's no sense of urgency or limitation. Although I'd like to mention that Naruto had ten poles staked into him during the Pain fight.
-So what if the attack isn't anything new. They still showed what they can do and they wasted it taking care of a clone, which Naruto can make many of. As for the rest, that's why he's been made a jinchuuriki with near limitless chakra at his disposal and why he mastered Sage Mode. And if want to form a riot against Chakra Inconsistency, then I'll refer to you to Sasuke's escape from his battle with Deidara. If there's any battle worth complaining about with that issue, its Sasuke vs. Deidara.

Quote:
I didn't say it was ineffective, I said it was inefficient. There's a difference.
-Ah, my misunderstanding then. Though, inefficient sounds more like poor management of resources. But if its about Naruto managing his clones, I don't think there's much to complain about. He ain't spamming them like he did in Part 1, back when his use of the technique was largely inefficient.

Quote:
Do the normal users really need to stand still? I seem to recall Jiraiya and Minato forming it fairly easily, but I could be wrong. And how is the KB supposed to protect Naruto if all its attention is focused on forming the Rasengan?
-Most of them stand still to form the attack in their hand, if only for the briefest of moments before charging in. As for the KB protection, its more about mind games than anything. We've seen Naruto be crafty and mix himself amongst his clones, sometimes performing their duties (like helping form the Rasengan) instead. As soon as he creates some, it becomes a guessing game for the enemy. They cannot be certain that the body they're hitting is the real one. That alone is enough protection to save his life.

Quote:
Do you know how long it took Yondaime to form the Rasengan? I certainly don't. And hey, in this world of super-powered freaks with practically limitless capabilities it's entirely possible that one of them could stop him with superhuman speed, or some other method.
-It appears that it doesn't take very long to form, if we go by Naruto as an example. But keep in mind, the only characters that create it quickly, are Yondaime and Jiraiya. One is a genius that is born one every 100 years (or whatever they called him) and the other is one of the Sannin. Both of whom are much older than Naruto and have far more field-battle experience than him. As for the speed issue, the only one to pose a threat seem to be Madara as Yondaime is dead. But we'll need more info on this. Thus far, the Rasengan has a good track record of hitting its targets.

Quote:
Not really. It still takes up more chakra and makes Naruto a bigger target during those supposed 5 seconds.
-More resources spent = more options in battle. And when it comes fown to life or death, I doubt saving that one sliver of chakra for later will matter. Personally, if it'll save my life, I will use my ultra-special-nitro bomb I was saving for the big baddie when there is no other option.