Thread: Licensed Negima Manga Discussion
View Single Post
Old 2011-12-16, 18:33   Link #7720
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pong View Post
I honestly have feeling that Nodoka chances are slim. She basically shoot herself in the foot by conffesing so early. If Negi choose her it would come off really undramatic. Not to mention that since the conffesion there wasn't really all that much development between them. Sure they went on a date once but they don't seem to be much closer now than they were say before School Festival arc.
(sigh)

There's so things that I have to say in response to it:

First, Nodoka pretty much confessed her love to Negi a second time during the Mahora Festival, and it's obvious that this confession is on Negi's mind, as I'll get to during my third counterpoint.

Second, there's two main reasons why you haven't seen any development:

1. Nodoka is not the only girl here, as there's other girls in Negima that are interested in Negi, with most of them nowhere as close to where Nodoka is in terms of her connection with Negi (which could also explain why we haven't seen her in the Sports Festival event yet).

2. Negi doesn't have to give her response to Nodoka's second love confession until graduation. Thus, there's plenty of time for this to develop.

Finally, just because we haven't seen any "development" in the Negi/Nodoka pairing doesn't mean there's hints about it. The following is some examples from the post-Tournament portion of the Mahora Festival arc to the end of the Magic World arc:
Spoiler:

Need I say anymore?

Last edited by TnAdct1; 2011-12-17 at 11:22.
TnAdct1 is offline   Reply With Quote