Thread: Xbox One
View Single Post
Old 2013-05-30, 23:50   Link #910
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utf0xZer0 View Post
More likely it'll be like the DRM scheme on the PC version of Assassin's Creed II - you regain access to the game on a successful check in, but you can't play until you that occurs.

(The ACII DRM was far worse than what MS is going here, as the initial release the game would end your game immediately if you lost your internet connection. Without saving.)
What's the point of the 24 hours thing, then?

If it's just some short check-in to get things up and running again, who's going to bother with the 24 hours thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urzu 7 View Post
What I mean is that, as I laid out, the XBO and its policies on games is that you buy physical copies of games but then the DRM on the games is strict and it is like they are treating game discs like digital purchases, and then furthermore, the XBO successor should not be like this because I expect the games to be sold digitally only. But they'll still have DRM. It is just that the nature of things will be different since the games are digital purchases.
Yes, and quite frankly, you may very well be wrong about that. That's what I'm calling presumptuous.

People have been saying for several years now that physical media is going to die, but just look at the anime industry, where anime is selling as well on DVDs/Blu-Rays as it ever has.