Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Free!
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-20, 09:12   Link #872
RainbowMagnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
The lolfactor for this series has worn off for me now. Essentially, I'm feeling the same way about the series like I did for Tamako Market whereby there was a element or two that interested me but what it's largely been so far has been manservice which although was initially funny is kinda boring me now. The characters are not very interesting and two dimensional. Both the teacher and Gou are kinda stereotypical moeblobs and stand in fujioshi character. The male characters are just fanservice for the females. There is a severe lack of swimming or swimming related activities. The visuals although not Hyouka-tier, is great and the dubstep audio does suit the sports theme, but it is severely lacking in meaningful content. I'll still continue you watching it, since the reactions to the show is more entertaining than the show itself, but in the end it's just another Kyoani money grabbing scheme.

Will be looking at Kyoukai no Kanata for Kyoani's next legitimate good series instead.
I'm not sure if we're watching the same series...

I agree with the rest of your post though. Although I'm still enjoying the series, some of the jokes are starting to wear off. Particularely the Gou/Kou thing.
RainbowMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote