View Single Post
Old 2007-08-05, 09:40   Link #18
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahamut89 View Post
Maybe I'm out of date with this stuff, but from what I recall back when people were testing the Black Temple patch, Illidan was killed by Maiev, not 25 random people. The 25 random people fight through the encounter, but the one who finishes him off is Maiev, with no particular indication that the 25 people did anything but stall for time. "Killing" him just triggers a little cutscene. Anyway, that sort of death seems workable to me, plot-wise, although I'm not sure who should strike the final blow to Arthas. Jaina maybe?

On the other hand, maybe what I've heard about Illidan's death scene is completely wrong, but either way it'd be nice if they did something like that for Arthas. Although it's kind of odd to make him killable in only the second expansion. That's kind of the end of story left over from WC3.

On the gameplay side of things, I'm most interested in that Inscription profession. Sounds like it could be really interesting, depending on how it's done.
No, the 25 random people basically weaken him pretty hard.

As for who should land the killing blow on Arthas, I still contend that it should be Illidan, to finish what they started. Jaina would make no sense whatsoever as the last time she saw Arthas was when he was a paladin, albeit one that's not so nice (what's that one mission where you raze the city?). Next on the pecking order would come Sylvanas, since she could have finished Arthas off in the TFT campaign, but didn't. But once again, she's not all that powerful either.