View Single Post
Old 2012-08-29, 17:30   Link #30253
Wanderer
Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Wait, how does Touya not being Battler imply Ikuko is Yasu?

If it's the problem of where the two are getting their information, we don't really have any proof that Ikuko's never read Eva's diary. Just saying.
That's true, and I had thought of it, but it's not a tangent I want to inject into the debate of which is better between Touya=random_amnesiac verses Touya=hired_actor (which I think is a debate of highly questionable worth in the first place). Jan-Poo is free to inject it if he wants, although he seems to have implicitly proposed that the idea is not worth consideration when he said: "If Ikuko isn't Yasu, then Touya must be Battler", so I'm going to go with that unless he says otherwise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchwork Chimera View Post
After all, Tohya wouldn't be able to write anything about backstories if he had just his own Battler memories to go by, by the simple fact of the six years he was away from his family. The personalities, on the other hand, could be taken from his scarce memories of the Rokkenjima incident and before, Yasu's letters, etc.
Yeah, but Yasu could do all this easily. Get my drift?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchwork Chimera View Post
Besides, I'd think is easier to remember his past before Rokkenjima that the traumatic experiencie lived in that island that caused him to lose it.
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. So why doesn't Battler's life during the last 6 years ever creep into the story?
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote