View Single Post
Old 2007-08-09, 11:04   Link #105
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Poorly refined steel.

Think the steel from the RMS Titantic. Poor shear strength when another KMF tries to slice through it, brittle, etc.

If I had to make a guess, that'd be it. Doubt it's aluminum, though for the sake of weight it may just be that. I could be totally wrong. Actually, now that I think about it, it could very well be aluminum. That would explain the ballistics aspect. It can stop the lighter small-arms rounds and its god-awful against anything bigger.
When I first saw some of the characteristics I thought Aluminum as well.

Quote:
The transport planes seemed to be in large numbers and there appeared to be a jet-type object propelling them. I would assume they have it.

And the Avalon isn't a good measure, I don't think. There's really no indication of the propulsion mechanics. At the least it'd have to be a V/TOL aircraft since the OotBKs mention it can stop in mid-air.
Probably right. However, perhaps they simply never applied it to jets. They developed the engine as a form of transport but the KMF's may have turned them away from the creation of jets and bombers. I was referring to the Avalon more as a show that perhaps, even if they made jet engines, this new technology may have made them disinterested in the idea and simply stifled its development.

Quote:
Doubtful. With precision bombing today you can't run... nor even hide, really.
Probably right, but that is assuming they have developed it. I don't think they used a single bombing run during the whole show and it would have probably been more useful than KMF's in a few situations.

Quote:
In the event that you could only carpet bomb or use iron-bombs dropped from light-bombers or fighter-bombers the "bombers are slow" argument doesn't work. Jet bombers are a far cry from the B-17s and B-24s of old, which really were slow, lumbering bombers. B-52s are really the last real bombers that are considered easy prey if not properly protected. Today we have stealth B2s and super-sonic, low-flying B1s that scare the hell out of any opposing force... especially now that B2s and B1s have proven that they can be loaded down with all smart bombs and just lay waste to an OpFor. Beware of tank-plinking smart-bombs. ^^;

Someone's prolly done it, too...
Well, again we really have no idea what they have developed in the way of jet engine uses and bomb developments. Though if they were going by today's standards, there would really be no mechas anywhere as they would be incredibly easy targets to precision bombing. Due to this I tend to believe that they have little development in air-based bombing and applications for the jet engine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mist2123 View Post
well a bomber filled with nukes with 80KM yeild then lancelot is 10000% dead unless he uses his hax

Avalon was flying using the float system without any jet and other types of engine. Using the float system made it capable of staying still in mid air
Nukes would kill everything. Hell if someone went there with a Hydrogen bomb they'd be godlike.

Last edited by Var; 2007-08-09 at 12:50.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote