View Single Post
Old 2011-05-27, 00:53   Link #17367
GundamFan0083

Quote:
Originally Posted by azul120 View Post
That sounds like what Lelouch's critics say.

Revenge was a minor part of his motivation. He wanted to fix THE WORLD, not just Japan. If he was using the Japanese uprising, it was as a mere opening to that end. (Which is why the Black Knights were totally in the wrong with what they did in turning on him, since they agreed to represent the rest of the world via the UFN along with Japan.)

Kallen found a kindred spirit in Lelouch. Both were Defectors from Decadence who were fighting on behalf of their loved ones, as well as against the Empire they were beneficiaries of (Kallen a blue blood, and Lelouch a royal blood), because they were both against its tyranny.
His revenge was only minor if we're speaking about his overall plans, of which Japan was only a small part, and it's clear he didn't really care what happened to Japan so long as it furthered his goal of defeating Britannia.

However, if we're speaking of his love-life, and we were, then Okouchi made it very clear that his Rebellion (which was motivated by his desire for Revenge against Britannia) is why he died a virgin (I still think that requires a ridiculous amount of suspension of disbelief, but...I didn't write the story).

That said, if he had any romantic feelings (outside of the love he held for Euphie and Nunnally) then it's clear to me that CC would have been the best choice for Okouchi and Taniguichi to pair him with.

Kallen's fans may like the idea of Kalulu, but most of the Code Geass fans do not.
I know that for a fact now.
From the time I started writing DoD in 2009 I have visited nearly every damn fansite and website of Geass I could find; checking all the polls (even on this site), reading the Newtype romance pairings, and discussing this with many other Geass fans.
Only some fans want Kallen with Lelouch, the vast majority pair him with CC (or Suzaku, which I guess I can understand. ).
Why, is beyond me.
I really like Kallen as a character, she reminds me a great deal of a female Amuro Rey type character or Camille Bidan.
That's why I was very happy Okouchi did'nt pair her with Lelouch.
In the anime, irregardless of his reasons, Lelouch is too much of an asshole to have been with Kallen.
From a writer's perspective, Kallen would be best suited to someone who wouldn't see her as inferior, and Lelouch almost certainly did.
That doesn't mean he didn't see the feelings she had for him, I imagine he did.
However, he proved in episode 7 of R2--when he is depressed and feeling defeated--that he had no respect for her when he asks her to "comfort him."
Basically wanting to use her for sex.

That's not love, that's a selfish act of lust to make himself feel better.
It's essentially like a Corporate Exec taking advantage of his secretary just because he's feeling down and out.
That's the problem with watching a show too many times.
After the twelveth or so time you start seeing past your own bias and watching it objectively.
Lelouch was a jerk to Kallen and he quite frankly did not deserve her.
I'm glad he rejected her because the character that Okouchi created was selfish and self-centered, even in the end he killed himself off so that he wouldn't have to suffer any more with the guilt of what he had done and who he had hurt.
The Mutuality story makes that clear.

Both he and Suzaku had to atone for the sin of killing their fathers.
Since the story was written by Okouchi that contradiction sort of flys in the face of "dying for world peace."

Clearly Lelouch wanted to die to ease his own pain, and that's why I'm glad he didn't end up with Kallen, or Shirley for that matter.

Without belaboring the issue, Okouchi having Lelouch conduct Zero Requiem, and Okouchi confirming his death, only solidified my feeling that Lelouch wound up being a coward who comitted suicide to escape his responsibilities.