Thread: Licensed Robotics;Notes
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-10, 11:42   Link #728
rocket
Senior and Demented

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
To troll the audience. If you have seen the previous two works the last thing you would expect is that conspiracy theories are just myths.
Naturally I don't consider that very likely, and it would be very bad, but there are a few things that prevent me from completely dismissing this idea.

So far this anime seems to take pleasure in building up anti-climaxes. Think of how a previous episode ended with Aki saying "We're going to ask help from JAXA!" Wow, exciting, isn't it? But then you realize she was just going to talk ot her dad. Then you get MIB kidnapping the whole club and you thought: "Wow this is getting serious!" Nope that's still Aki's father using Nae to help her daughter. That whole kidnapping charade was completely pointless.

There are then the Kimijima reports that barely make any sense. Is there a point in that scavenger hunt? If Kimijima wanted the truth to be known, he should have sent his files to newspapers all around the world. If there was a specific person that he wanted to send his files to, why the scavenger hunt? Airi gave to kaito the password for the first level, which means she recognized him somehow, why not giving him the reports directly at that point?

This whole thing looks like a giant prank.

Granted the anemone incident still must have happened, and Kaito and Akiho do have a condition, but the Kimijima reports could be just noise or a red herring.
Exactly. So far this show trolls us hard with every Giant Robot action show plot line or convention, from the cinematography to the actual plot.

And it would be quite an achievement for a sci-fi story to show that these tropes and dramatic structures do work without the need for ridiculous science fantasy. Not to mention quite in keeping with the ultimate theme of the trilogy which is showing a more serious science fiction in anime than is typical.

Of course I bet it would be hella unpopular if true.