Thread: Licensed Legend of Galactic Heroes
View Single Post
Old 2004-01-14, 13:24   Link #35
Fntc

I dunno, I find the levels of blood to be more or less appropriate. I mean, when people are hacking eachother apart with axes you'd expect there to be a *LOT* of blood. I always thought the violence in LoGH seemed a little overly sterile (and in that sense unrealistic), so I actually welcome this change.

While I've never seen war before I *HAVE* seen someone with a severed finger and let me tell you even a relatively small wound like that releases a *LOT* of blood everywhere.

Regarding JACOSub... Well, AmigaOS 4.0 is coming out soon and given that it will be my primary OS I will be experimenting to see what I can do with it. Obviously the days of genlocks are over (except for a very few specialized live applications) but since subs are a big issue to me I'm going to maybe play around a bit to see if I can write an Arexx script to have JACOSub output overlays and timing info in a format that some NLE software will understand, making JACO capable of being used in a digisub-production process.

Anyway, back to LoGH, I really hope enough interest can be raised for a domestic release. Best case scenario would be an uncensored, subtitled run on US TV, but that's dreaming a bit I think. ^^;
Fntc is offline   Reply With Quote