View Single Post
Old 2013-10-13, 09:08   Link #156
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
I doubt that they (L-Elf's superiors & ""friends"") know that L-Elf betrayed Dorssia because of Lisolette. If they did, they'd probably use the "we can guarantee her safety, only if you rejoin us" card. Cain seems low enough to resort to using hostages & blackmail to keep people in check.

So, my guess is that no one is aware of the reason for his defection, but if he tries to infiltrate or return. That alone shows that he's left behind something, therefore exposing himself & alerting them(Cain/Amadeus/A-3) that there is something for him to return for & at that point, they'll try to figure it out.

The fact that Lisolette hasn't been used to draw him out yet, means that she is outside Dorssia's calculations concerning L-Elf. A-3 had a friendly/personal relationship with her & he doesn't know that she's met L-Elf before, therefore in conclusion, if someone close to her didn't know, then how are strangers supposed to know?

And that is something we are not certain of. Bet some officials know about his childhood which includes the princess, taking pity on him and bestowing him immunity. I know Cain won't pull a tawdry display that will eventually turn futile since L Elf won't fall for such cheap and desperate tactics.

And yes, you're right about everyone being unaware of the reason for his defection. Probably, Cain is going to get Liselotte involved in some government affairs that will lead L Elf to his confusion. He is a better theoretician than L Elf so I would't be surprised if Cain wins over him.