View Single Post
Old 2010-11-26, 03:43   Link #3
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Simple solution would be similar to what Felix suggested in the Spoiler Policy thread. If possible, add white and black lists. All current users should go automatically to the white list, and all new created accounts would be added to the white list after certain amount of time if they have been active after their registration date.

I would like to hear opinions of other users and of course Moderators, and what can be done about this issue, if anything ?
That feels too time-consuming to be a good solution. Even automation wouldn't help in certain cases.

As to how we can prevent this from happening; only thing you can do is doing research on the person requesting a sig/avie, if you want to fulfill his/her request. I generally just stopped doing requests a long ago, since quite a few people don't even know what they want. Asking for a sig, using it for a week and then asking for another one. That just insults our effort.

Another thing happening to me - someone didn't even ask for a permission; used my sigs on other forums while using my own image hosting site. So they stole "my" art, used it elsewhere so I can't see it AND ate my bandwidth on Photobucket. Revenge was sweet though, I just made a different image with the same filename.