View Single Post
Old 2011-11-23, 20:44   Link #9189
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: I intend to have the other male OC call him out on that. Kyuukai is flawed like everyone else, no matter how hard he tries to be perfect. Irish does the deconstructing job very well. If most deconstructions end up starting like sledgehammers, smashing away, then Irish is like a scapel, easily cutting at Kyuukai's mind.

Yep, Kyuukai's a hypocrite who's slowly trying not to be a hypocrite.

His trying hard to justify his killing is what keeps him sane. He knows what he does is wrong, and when he angsts it's two sides of his brain trying to argue over which is right. Which pulls him back to square one, and he'll try to justify it again, starting the circle over again.

He knows something's wrong with him, and so, he seeks more help.

I intend to have another OC show up, when I have a school sequence.

Yes, I have a school sequence. After Kyuukai comes back and is pulled out of duty, FRACTURE command (with fear of Tabane) sends him to a real, co-ed high school. The one Dan goes to. Ichika and the gang get pulled along as well, since Tabane pulled a few strings to make sure Kyuukai has some friends.

At the school, Kyuukai encounters another student. A certain Ryoko Murakami. His technical stepsister, if he ever considered Daisuke to be anywhere near a father. After she realizes she can't get anywhere with Kyuukai, she'll focus on Ichika, and then somehow manage to land herself with Dan. Which in later (more like sooner) chapters, infuriates Utsuho.

Kyuukai meets another person as well: Someone who actually will help him with his problems. The very recently hired school counsellor, Daniella Blanchard. The daughter of Daniel Blanchard. Kyuukai thinks its useless, but Tabane holds his weapons and projects hostage, and demands Kyuukai to go see her.

And so begins therapy.
EthernalRain is offline   Reply With Quote