View Single Post
Old 2013-11-23, 09:57   Link #2682
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaKaBaKaOtaKu View Post
Simple fact that Madoka could have been eliminated in 2011 in round 2 was a very reaching thing you know.
No, it wasn't a "very reaching thing". It's a simple fact. Note how I'm far from the only one focusing on this fact, which shows how important it is.

Quote:
Likely but it's doubtful that all of those voters were Nanoha voters. Likely that they only compose like 30% of Homura's votes
Where do you get this 30% figure? Nanoha had a lot of votes in her first round match against Homura.

Quote:
Yep, I never denied that she was very fortunate for being given a second chance. Not as controversial when there's no hater to spam a thread
Madoka-Kuroneko this year was much more controversial than Madoka-Mami was in 2011. Kuroneko was ahead of Madoka during the final hour of the match, IIRC. Then she had a bunch of votes taken away from her in a purging. That's much more controversial than a thread-spamming in the last few minutes of a match.

Quote:
I've always said that Mami's disadvantage was she was a former champion ,so I agree with that possibility. But given how much Sayaka gained in that match, anti-voters were at play.
No, not necessarily. There may well have been no significant anti-voting whatsoever going on in Sayaka vs. Mami.

Quote:
It's a possibility that a number of Kuroneko voters are also likely to be Saki supporters, anti-PMMM voters and etc... I never downplayed Kuroneko ,what are you saying again lol.
Please stop trying to deny your own words from only two or three pages back.

This is what you wrote here:

Nope, it's not a wild speculation since we're very well aware that the non-Madoka voters are still alive and that was proven by the Kuroneko-Madoka match.

------------------------------------------

That's what you wrote. Your argument here is that the Kuroneko-Madoka match proves the existence of anti-Madoka voters. And my counterargument is that no, Kuroneko is simply legit strong herself. She has her own supporters, and didn't need to be boosted by anti-voters.

Quote:
Clearly you did not pay attention.
No, I did pay attention. I just think you're blowing this thread-spamming bit out of proportion.

Quote:
In my observation of Madoka's performance she was poised to win without tactical voting that's apparent to me.
There's a difference between merely calling a character a favorite to win, and saying she's "the natural way to go". Perhaps you weren't being arrogant, and it was just questionable word choice. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt there.

Quote:
An objective individual could question results if you ask me
If you have unusual occurrences during the match, like eyebrow-raising vote spikes, sure. But not just because a match doesn't go the way you'd expect it too. Surprise results do legitimately happen sometimes.