View Single Post
Old 2012-11-21, 14:46   Link #303
VDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by GundamAce View Post
So I was walking around Akihabara today when I came across something I didn't expect- the original Remember11 PS2 First Release Limited Edition! I bought it, and found that it came with two bonuses- a CD (which is basically an hour of Rika Morinaga and Takehito Koyasu talking), and a booklet. The first half of the booklet has character designs and whatnot, but what's interesting is the second half- comments from the staff!

The ones who commented were Takumi Nakazawa (director/main writer), Hidari (character Designer), Kotaro Uchikoshi (writer, going by his Hagane Tsukishio pseudonym here), Takayuki Koshimizu (Event CG and OP sketch designer) Kotaro Aizawa (Event CG and OP coloring/production manager), Taketo Nagai (3D movie designer and logo designer), Norisu (backgrounds), Takeshi Abo (composer), Masamichi Takano (assistant planner), and Hiroki Ito (sprite coloring).

Couple of interesting things I discovered just by skimming it.

-The game was initially conceived by Nakazawa in May of 2002, at the end of Ever17's development. He planned out the plot together with Uchikoshi in January 2003.
-The game was initially not an Infinity game, but a standalone game under the name "Parasite".
-Production of the game began in May of 2003, under the name "Project infinity 3". In September, the subtitle "the Age of Infinity" was added.
That is really, really interesting! Are there any other interesting things in the booklet?

May of 2003, huh? That means it took only 10 months from start of development to release (March 2004), or 12 if counting the plot planning. Considering the game needs to be completed at least a month before release (for final testing, pressing the discs, shipping to stores, etc), that's a surprisingly short development time.

Are there any clues whatsoever to there being problems during development, and Remember11's lack of closure being a result of that? I hear it a lot, but I've never seen any proof pointing towards this being the case, and the more I hear about it the more unlikely it seems:

Spoiler for Contains some (major) R11 spoilers:

Spoiler for Spoilers for Never7, Ever17 and Remember11:

GundamAce, this may be a good clue in solving this mystery, maybe you know this: Is there any specific known reason why Takumi Nakazawa left KID, other than to start his own company (or perhaps that, but more detailed - why did he start his own company instead of staying with KID)?
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote