View Single Post
Old 2012-11-22, 09:47   Link #306
VDZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos! View Post
I'm assuming(from the chinese translation of the booklet), Nakazawa thought of a setting 1st, before sitting down to write. This results in a great storyline, but since the twist was not clearly thought of before that, he digs a hole too large for him to fill, creating an inproper ending . IIRC, there were talks on the development budget as compared to development time which limited them. Not surprising if you look at the complicated system inside R11.
That's what I don't get. All signs are that the storyline is very well planned out (everything fits together) and it just isn't all revealed during the game. And with R11 being developed right after the hugely successful Ever17 (though it took half a year before actual development started, meaning financial results of E17 would be in by that point), its development time being really short, and them being able to develop 12Riven for much longer despite R11 not being as successful as E17, I just can't feel that 'they ran out of cash' is a plausible situation.

(By the way, the plot itself was thought up by Nakazawa and Uchikoshi together, based on Nakazawa's idea, so if the plot was undoable and Uchikoshi knew what kind of plots were doable and which ones weren't, Uchikoshi would've solved that problem two months before development.)
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote