View Single Post
Old 2008-04-16, 08:35   Link #1099
Mikke
Sleepy Male Claymore

Epic Soul Searching - Unavoidable Aftermath
-------------------------------------------

Location: North, southern coast of the Danube. Time: 6:00 am. Position in Timeline: a few weeks ahead of the current events.

The rain hasn't stopped gushing down for a few days, pouring down like a sea of poisonous arrows of irony, from the heavens that seemed to weep eternally over spilled milk.

Beyond the green flat territories of the north, over the endless marshes, passing the long mountain range that cuts the midlands like an ugly scar all the way to the east; everything was engulfed in war. The earth was soaked with blood which boiled inside from the fiery destruction and rampage.
The north however was at peace, and it's inhabbitants could do nothing but witness with awe, the horrid luminescence from beyond the ridges that radiated from the mountains, much like the sunlight from an eclipse of the moon.

One small camp, established its defensive position on top of one of the mountains; the leaders of the northern section gazed at the battlefield, amazed by the scale and magnitude of the events. Dragonlike creatures flew by the thousands, setting towns and forests on fire while legions of monstrous manifestations advanced on on foot, engaging humanoid opponents who summoned to their assistance various methods of technological warfare. The Tide of battle seemed even for the time being, but the few men that gathered in the camp prayed and hoped they didn't have to take part, for they were not for a second, confused about their chances of defending the north on their own.

In one of the guard towers facing the view on the battlefield, a sound of foot steps, climbing the wooden ladder was heard and the guard prepared to greet his replacement for the next shift.

Guard: ?? Commander Anh Min! Are YOU here to replace me?!

Anh Min: I would appriciate it if you sat by me for a few minutes.

Guard: Uuh, Yes Sir!

Anh: Call me Anh. There is no longer a need for formalities

Guard: Huh? How do you mean?

Anh smirked and took out two metal cups out of her pouch, along with a jar of roasted, good quality coffee and a thermus.

Anh Min: That'll keep ya warm..

Guard:....

A commotion was heard from beneath the tower and Anh glanced down for a moment, checking it out.

Guard: What's happening down there?

Anh Min: We are evacuating.

Guard: What?! but why?! Running away now will be cowardice!

Anh Min: Only us commanders are staying.. We will go down there and join up with the remnants of the western section. Our comrades from days of old.

Guard: But!

- Hey, come on! preperations are complete! We have to leave now! - came a voice from below.

Anh Min: Just a minute PGillis! let me enjoy my last cup of coffee will ya!

Guard: I can't believe you're sending us away!

Anh Min: Your battle is over. If you follow us, you will surely die.

All of the sudden, a huge fire ball landed in the middle of the camp. Luckily leaving no one injured but burning to ashes a whole row of carriages with supplies.

Anh Min: Move! let's get out now!

After getting down from the tower, Anh shortly briefed the personel with regards to his plans and gave them their final orders, which were to evacuate and head north east to the shore, following the mountain range.

Meeting up with PGillis and a few others and making sure everyone else boarded the transports and fled, Anh went back inside his tent where he spread a tactical map on the table, pleading his companions to pay close attention.

Anh Min: Ok folks, it's show time.. we follow this cleft all the way down and head for the western front.

PGillis: No that's wrong, we'll be fried by those air raiders before we know it..

Hypervalor: I think that if we wanna throw our lives away then why not go straight for the midlands headquarters. When NSW is that close, how can we possible ignore that?!

Anh Min: That won't help us end this war, Valor!

The brave band of northerners set out on their journy, down into the fiery pit of hell. Ackgnowledging that their resolve was nearly a suicidal one; despare took a hold of their hearts as the strode silently toward a very much expected yet undecided fate.

Last edited by Mikke; 2008-04-16 at 14:47.