View Single Post
Old 2009-09-09, 16:53   Link #206
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by animeboy12 View Post
Maturity takes a place in my personal top 5 most hated word, just barely edged out by mindless, and ugh...pretentious. Anyway I general define the word as exploring any subject in a sophisticated manner, but even that opens another can of worms
I guess they are very loaded words. Especially pretentious, which can often be meant by some people "I don't want to even try to understand it"

Quote:

In fact I don't even understand how one goes about abusing a medium. Oh sure I can understand misusing a medium (I'm looking you, evangelion) but how does a someone go about hurting a medium?
Umm, shoot it? But to be truthful, I held similar opinions to the OP a while ago. I still find fanservice annoying in places. I thought of much anime as "mindless fanservice moe garbage". However, I realized that my viewpoint is not the only one in the world, and people who may like I show I just denounced may just have good reasons. Perhaps it needs to be seen from another perspective. This happened to me more reading about people's thoughts here on the forum and elsewhere on the internet. I still consider the majority of shows not watching, but that applies to every medium. It is not all about me, and it can't be tailored to my needs because I am not the target audience.

So just learning to enjoy (or hate) something for what it is helped me approach matters with a more open mind. I just looked up and realized... it's just entertainment anyways.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote