View Single Post
Old 2006-08-05, 15:59   Link #20
Varion
殲滅天使

Send a message via AIM to Varion Send a message via MSN to Varion
Well, for one thing, the delay isn't bad at all. We have fansubs of the TV version, and the Japanese R2 DVDs aren't even out yet (first two are due at the end of this month).

Satsume said in the general topic that if anything the title would drive potential viewers away. All they really need to attract them though is the 'warrior' part, considering it looks like they're trying to sell it as a war story. Warrior suggests action, most likely the back of the DVDs will suggest likewise, and they'll sell it like that. Action shows are popular, after all. Something like 'The One We Sing Of' suggests a deeper plot, yeah, but doesn't quite convey the war feeling I think they're hoping for. The fansub viewers already like the show, and much as I'm sure we'll all complain, many of us will buy the DVDs whether we like the name or not for the show itself. Considering the quality of the raws, DVD quality will make a huge difference if encoded well. I honestly don't think most anime fans who aren't fansub watchers will make as much of a big deal about this as we are.

Still, it's not impossible the original title won't be on there. I didn't like KGNE -> Rumbling Hearts either, but at least Funimation are keeping the original title as a subtitle there. ADV may do the same here. "The One Being Sung", on the other hand, sounds REALLY weird in English. If they're going to put a translation of the original title on, I hope they don't use that one.