View Single Post
Old 2008-09-20, 12:34   Link #75
ColdFury

Certainly, there are bad eggs in the world that do bad things. And I am not as versed in the history of mangaka hissy fits as others. But I do think it is too early to tell in the case of School Rumble.

One of the problems with the Internet, is people on the Internet overvalue their opinions. ^_^ A message board forum, no matter how big, is not an unbiased sample of the views of your readership. The internet is always going to be a minority of the works' readership. There are plenty of people who know how to read who won't go to that forum, or use the internet much at all.

And you also have to recall that the Internet is like anything else... you will see 10 pissed off people for every 1 satisfied person you see, simply because the other satisfied people don't feel the need to talk about it, regardless to the actual ratio of happy to mad readers the manga has.

So no, an internet forum is not the best way to get marketing research data, no matter how much we'd like it to be.

And remember guys, I'm not saying anyone is wrong here. I'm saying let's see what the next two chapters bring. If chapters 3 & 4 continue the random parodies with no word from the author as to a return to more traditional SR fair, I will be right there with you on the abandon ship train. Right now I'm simply reminding everyone that the situation isn't as dire as some of the comments suggest, yet.
ColdFury is offline   Reply With Quote