View Single Post
Old 2010-12-16, 23:04   Link #19849
Keriaku
Thought Being

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
It may well be that they were implemented to create that doubt. But they fought against it over time. They distinguished themselves. Behind a surface existence, two "characters" fought to become "humans." Behind a story, a "witch" fought for the same thing. I don't want to deny that any more than Battler wanted a family member cast into the role of a killer. It's easy to mock shippers' attachment to the Shannon/George or Kanon/Jessica relationships, but isn't it telling that there's anything there to appreciate in the first place?
There have been many times people have disagreed with you about this, but now I see that is it probably just because people didn't understand your perspective on it.

I agree with Aura that I really like this interpretation of Shannon and Kanon. I think it's an excellent segue into my personal views on the meta world, that they are fully real in this higher dimension. I see this as a perfect example of 'transcending' and how Yasu and Maria's 'delusions' can become fully real in a sense.
Keriaku is offline   Reply With Quote