View Single Post
Old 2012-07-07, 21:15   Link #119
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Lets just say that unless it's actually shown that he has been misinforming or manipulating his own people, I'm just not buying it. And as long as it isn't shown, it shouldn't be stated as if it's just fact.

I'm not saying he's right in what he does or the way he does it. But from what I've seen so far, it seems that he does have his people's best interests in mind.

In fact I don't really think it's that different from Flit wanting to wipe out all the Vagans to protect humanity.
My point always has been that he has his own PERSONAL agenda which he is not telling his people

I'm going to quote him

"I want to tell you the TRUE meaning of this war"
"This is NOT merely a war"
"Up until now I have given them (Earth and her forces) the chance to survive"
"The people on Earth don't understand what it truly means to be alive"
"I am going to test them whether or not they have the will to live or not"
"I want them to show me the true value of their lives"

This is his personal belief.

This is what he is not telling his people.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote