Thread: World of Tanks
View Single Post
Old 2012-12-29, 18:00   Link #1123
willx
Nyaaan~~

So, having farmed the KT until I grabbed the Henschel Turm .. oh boy, I know Tak and Sume were posting about their amazing experiences, but I'm going to have to differ.

My winrate is hovering around 30% right now, due to a number of just abyssal steamroll games one after another, but the other thing is, as a Tier 8 -- I'm seeing Tier 9s with more frequency. Until I got the new turret, everyone was penetrating me with fearful frequency at short to medium distances -- but the problem is facing Tier 9s at moderate distances leaves my penetration poorly lacking sometimes... For example, from 200-300 yards I can't penetrate an E-75 at all with the long 88. I think I fired 15 rounds into one for maybe 1 penetrating damage shot, and only because I moved so that I had a perfect 90 degree angle shot into the side. Any other shot, at less than a perfect 90 degree angle and I was bouncing.

I think one of my problems is stemming from the fact that in a KT a combination of how my team moves and my own mentality has me moving closer to the front line, rather than my patience hanging back in the Tiger which is reducing my performance levels..