View Single Post
Old 2006-07-19, 02:00   Link #45
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
When you say "almost" do mean like "Earth is almost close to the moon" or "Morosawa is almost an idiot..." One is really close to being honest while the other is relatively close...And if anyone has fabricated Kira's God-mode in their head I give them an "F" for effort because we all know it takes none to come to that conclusion...
Well I say "almost" because it just seems to me everything that rattles off BS about Kira and his alleged "god mode" seem to be rabid Shinn supporters who think he got the shaft in the finale, when it was evident from perhaps even before the mid point that Shinn had no chance at carrying the story on his own. There is more base to Kira getting away with what he did, which at times is extreme but not inconceivable. Whereas Shinn's course of action would have ended him up right in the same place, or possibly dead...holding Gilbert's hand every step of the way. The direction they went with Kira is not so hard to understand. Shinn was one dimensional for the entire series. I know you are a Shinn fan, and you'll just have to accept he did it to himself. We all gotta deal sometime. Time to move on.

Quote:
You suspect huh? If WoL was suppose to make DESTINY different and unique why is Kira sporting them a few eps later with basically no fore-warning to the audience?? I remember the countless threads and debates on whether it was WoL because it was never included in the orginal specs...Which is Freedom just getting "the treatment" at the expense of "who gives a damn?" After-images have been proven to be a quite effective technique in every Gundam but DESTINY...DESTINY even shows you why in it's first fight with Athrun...Now if I'm using F-91 (not close to DESTINY's overall power output) as a component for comparison the mirage colloid based after image should have been a vital technique not just railgun fodder (Again I implore you to remember f-91 vs. Iron mask--Shinn is a nerf football if he can't even muster 1% of that in a suit more advanced and suited for it)...How the hell do you even hit something like that? How do you fight not using this technique without any effectiveness? Oh that's right Shinn just forgot how to use it and was just too hot-headed, not to mention it drains his Duracell battery while I-J and S-F run-off sheer WTFness...A totally useless ability that drains the f*ck out of your battery just to look cool?
Again, if the after image was meant to be any sort of tactical advantage, it would've been used somewhere along the line. I already said the first fight against Athrun when he is 1) in a GOUF and 2) trying to escape is not hardly a fair example. The GOUF would need to be capable of beating Destiny in the first place for the after image to be considered advantageous. However this is CE and by default a grunt MS has no shot against a Gundam-class mobile suit. Unless you're the Chaos Gundam, in which case I think we all agree is shit and deserved to be one of the few Gundams in franchise history to get downed by grunts.

In fact the only time Shinn uses the after image to any degree of success is against grunts. At Orb before he faces Cagalli/Kira, he uses it to take out the Murasames that guard Cagalli, and at Heaven's Base he uses it to take out two Destroys, which I consider very large grunt MS given their extreme uselessness outside of the original one (even LUNAMARIA beat one, and she is one of the most sucky pilots in CE, probably right above the Astray girls or Miguel). You compare it to Formula 91 but is that really a fair comparison? F-91 uses after images to an extreme advantage against a real opponent, not against a pussy cannon fodder GOUF. Even if the pilot was Athrun, good pilots have rarely done well in regular mobile suits against a Gundam (think Miguel vs Strike, Rau vs Freedom...Athrun's ZAKU vs Abyss during the Gundamjack). It goes without saying that the GOUF was a goner with or without Destiny using it's after images, and the same goes for the Destroy and the Murasames. Seabook was fighting against a poweful mobile armor that kicked a lot of ass before he was able to beat it. Destiny's after images hardly live up to F-91's.

Quote:
I'm suprised you noticed all that...Not like Shinn was ever given more than one or two moves, but he's an ace-pilot that's also a dum Coordie I guess(If there is such a thing)...The creative pilot we see up to ep 35 looses all his senses and just boomerang tosses and ASS-chops for the remander of the series even after it proved futile in his Earth battle...I guess he thought all he needed to do was chop harder O_o;;...A modicum of strategy (like the abilities of after-images) is over-rated I guess....
Well I have a lot to say about Shinn's creativeness (or rather, lack of creativeness). If you'd like to have that conversation I suggest we move to another thread, savvy? We already hi-jacked this one enough with the after image thing.