View Single Post
Old 2013-01-29, 20:58   Link #2508
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Actually Nanya, yes, I have been paying attention to the characters and how they change. But you miss my point, is not just a matter of is weird or rare for the series: Lutecia’s change of personality is horrible just by concept alone to me. Her new self is annoying, loud and so ridicules that I just prefer her former self which was more reserve and calm. That is it. Now I didn’t get those parts about Nove. What she has to do with anything?

... What the hell, I like to debate, let’s check Lutecia’s points. First of all she is not consistent; actually that is the whole point: she change too much. Or is she meaning her character change on a constant base when she only changes once? Either way I don’t agree. Then she mentions some stuff that I don’t know why will matter but let’s get to that later.

1 – I think the point was Nanoha realize she was powerless to do anything to help, not to get out of people’s way. She was sad and feeling she didn’t belong to the same world as her family and she wanted to discover her place in life what she did thanks to magic. So… I don’t get why Lutecia is bringing that up as inconsistent.

2 – No. Fate was more emotional than Lutecia. She smile, she suffer, she was kind to Arf and Precia, she show fear, anger, surprise and in the past she laugh, play and cry. She did all of that before and after she have Nanoha. The difference is that when she was in the first season was in a point in her life when she lost Linith and Precia was getting more and more desperate, putting a lot of stress under Fate.

3 – Again, no. The Wolkenritter did have heart and feelings but they just were following orders, Hayate give them the first chance to live instead of just existing, that is why they like it too much.

4 – No. We never see Subaru until years after the accident, so the change did have the time to happen. Besides at that point Subaru was not a character.

5 – Point taken. That was the worst part of StrikerS.

6 – Caro was nervous when Fate found her because everyone just think she was a time bomb and a killer. That can scar a little kid and then again we never see her until years after.
7 – Erio didn’t have a character that is worth talking about.

All her points come down to this: it doesn’t matter. None of that is a proof the character change several times in an inconstant base, actually some are proof of good character development and lazy writing that I always found ridiculous about the series. Is stronger with StrikerS characters actually.

Last edited by Sansker; 2013-01-29 at 21:09.
Sansker is offline   Reply With Quote