View Single Post
Old 2007-04-04, 20:10   Link #275
X207
Gamyūsa

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
Frankly, I can't see how anybody who's read Intrigues can think he's "winging it" at this point, but if your primary expectation out of the series is the advancement of the "Haruhi x Kyon" plot and the "WTF Are Haruhi's Powers About" plot, I can understand the disappointment. I still think most people are happy with just a tease here and there.

I think seeing 3 months as an outside guess may be a little optimistic. You've all got to remember that the majority of Baka-Tsuki's translators translate from Chinese, and Chinese translations don't exist yet. In fact, I think there's only two, at the moment, that can translate from Japanese. GDsMDDLFNGR and BaKaFiSh. They're both great translators, but I understand it's a pretty long book, and these guys do have lives. I could see 3 months as a minimum, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

If anybody wants to head over and offer some help, there's a thread on the Baka-Tsuki forum currently running about how many translators they've got (just the two above, so far), and the instructions for registering as a translator is on the main project page, toward the bottom, right above the listing of the editors. Ganbatte!
O.O thats alot of pages

"The structure is as follows:

Prologue: 95 pages

Chapter 1: 53 pages

Chapter 2:
"Alpha 1" - 3.25 pages
"Beta 1" - 5.5 pages
"Beta 2" - 5 pages
"Alpha 2" - 3.5 pages
"Beta 3" - 2 pages
"Alpha 3" - 1 page
"Alpha 4" - 0.5 pages