View Single Post
Old 2007-04-05, 20:56   Link #89
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyByNite77 View Post
Yea I think the Code Geass alternate history is presented on a DVD extra, It also says that the calendar system in Code Geass is based on the failed invasion by Caesar... so since that occurred in 54-55 BC our time, that probably means any year in Code Geass would need 55 added to it so Code Geass is taking place in the 2070's probably in our time.

The one thing I wonder is then are the main inhabitants of Britannia (or at least the UK region we know today that would be the "headquarters of the empire") actually Celts?

The Celts were the main inhabitants of Britain and the region when Caesar invaded so if they managed to overpower the Roman empire and form a kingdom is it not a Celtic Kingdom? The Anglo-Saxon's didn't begin any major incursions of Britain until the 300 or 400's I think. So then if Britain had already formed into a significant nation by that time and if this line of succession in the Brittanian Empire can indeed be traced back to that first King perhaps they also repelled the Anglo-Saxon invasions which killed around 50% of the Celtic population in the process.

So then that would make this world empire in Code Geass actually the "Irish"?
Just reposting an interesting observation from Toonzone forums...
Yeah, the idea that Britannia is the Irish empire is most interesting indeed.

Anyone Irish around here? I would like to hear your opinion on this.