View Single Post
Old 2008-04-22, 11:37   Link #85
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

After seeing episode 3 I'm begining to like sheryl a bit more. While I wouldn't go so far as to say she's Tsundere, she does seem to have a softer side of her, she seems to treat her friends okay. She also doesn't seem to be a complete idol cliche in that:

1. She doesn't seem insecure about herself, if Ranka became more famous than her I don't think she'd care.
2. She's very self absorbed, she seems to care a little bit about Ranka and Alto, she seems to treat her friends well enough.
3. She isn't helpless in real life, Minmay came across in the end as being out of touch with reality, you don't get those vibes off Sheryl. In the shelter she didn't flail around helplessly like say Ranka.

I think she might initially seem quite bitchy, but she's more just focussed and professional in that light her comments in episode 1 aren't as bad.

Overall while Ranka might end out getting an overinflated ego when/if she becomes an Idol I think Sheryl should stay pretty level headed throughout. Maybe she'll bring Ranka back to reality if she goes Minmay on us, as she seems to be taking up an older sister type role with her.

Can't really say what kind of effect she'll have on Alto yet.

I'm still in the Ranka camp, but I'm much closer to the center now, we really have to wait and see how things go. I think that one nice thing in this triangle is that all parties seem very friendly with each other. I somehow doubt we'll end out with a typical love triangle of spiraling levels of angst and misunderstandings like you usually get (like in say Macross, though it's sounds negative as I describe it, the triangle was top notch in Macross). I can see all parties staying friendly with each other with Alto committing to neither until the end, with little broken feelings along the way.

Of course Ranka might go bitchy on us and become jealous of Sheryl, then sparks will fly.