View Single Post
Old 2006-05-11, 03:02   Link #18
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx
figured as much.... ah well, guess its off to the hunt for "stuff I already own, sheesh".
You can actually find sites with links to the stuff... most of them are kept up to date... some sites provide torrent links... so you can find stuff like Manga X ch A to Z (even if it's not complete... you could still find stuff like this were Z would be close to the latest chapter)

I'm too lazy to install a special program to view them ... so I use
Windows Picture and Fax Viewer (WPFV) ...

Actually I usually prefer to keep my computer clean of useless stuff ... that's why I only install something if I feel I need it and I install it when I need it ...

The second reason I use it is because it's instant gratification ... it's only designed to display images (no editing)... so it's fast ...

Basically this is what I do...
Extract... Double Click the first image (I have it set so it will open all the images on my computer... if I want to edit things I just hit Open With > IR or PS)... Maximize... and just use the Arrow keys to scroll throw it...

So I still see the windows bar on top ... but that's useful because it displays the name of the file... from which I observe the curent page ...
I don't like to use IrfanView or ACDSee because they are editors ... it's not like I'll use most of the options available... and because they load all of the editing options they load really slow... and they close slow too... well compared to WPFV... and I would have to install them ... so then I would have another editor besides PhotoShop... such a bother ...