View Single Post
Old 2012-03-18, 00:53   Link #26
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Before I forget (and I forgot it earlier) - Arabesque, your insights into Arisa were much appreciated! I didn't connect the ending episodes with the beginning episodes in the way that you did, but I largely agree with your interpretation. It doesn't make the idea of that scene any easier on my mind, but I appreciate her as a character (even in the second half) a bit more now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawnalyst View Post
I think Shu shares the same problem with the kid from Airborne in that he seems to be a coward because it's a fad. I wouldn't go so far as to say as he didn't face the consequences of his actions, but it's obvious he was created just to be the character you were supposed to project yourselves onto. He also shares Nathan Drake's problem in that the only reason he's so great is because the anime treats him like he's the only character who matters while the others get bit parts that's disguised as help. I'm glad he's not Gai, because I hate the 1-D confident types more than the 1-D wimpy types, but I still can't get into him.
Thanks for expanding a bit on that. I don't agree with your take on it, but I found it really interesting to get that viewpoint. It really goes to show how our perceptions of things can vary quite dramatically.