View Single Post
Old 2012-06-24, 19:52   Link #60
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Would going to Earth even save them? They stated that the medicine only delays the disease which is inflicted on the inhabitants. Even if they were to move to Earth they'll die anyways (granted they'll at least be back to the homeland).
Well I think it all depends on this disease. The fact that we know nothing except it kills people is kind of annoying for the sake of speculation. I mentioned Deen alone since it's unlikely his sister can be saved even if she's moved. At best it might buy her more time. If they mentioned that all Vagans are sick I missed it, but if it's only a large percentage then Deen could be fine and moving would let him live to a normal age. Otherwise it would again give him more time. Just think it makes sense that Ezelcant can take advantage of these people since if you're dying or someone in your family is (which should cover all Vagans) then hope for a world that won't kill you or at least where your children won't be killed by "Rays" is incredibly tempting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Heck, they could have come openly before the war even began. Sure, they'd have been refugees and it'd have sucked for a while, but at least they'd be out of the Mars Rays.

I also have problems with Ezelcant's claim Vagans become detached. When's the last time we saw someone like that? They're all pretty quick to avenge their fallen comrades. Except Desil, I guess. Or the fat guy.
True, that would also have been an option. Of course I worry that it might not have been easy. Since for the public these people 'didn't exist' strange refugees coming from a place that shouldn't have people might have caused trouble. At worst the Federation might have rounded them all up. At the very least though infiltration of small numbers in a wide area should have worked fine. Even if the sick die while there it shouldn't be overly strange. People do die all the time after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
This would've been a great episode if they actually brought up that the federation offered peace negotiations several times, as Flit mentioned in GEN2.

Instead, imo, the Vagan's/Ezelcant just comes off as a butthurt hardhead that wants revenge instead of caring about the Vagan people at all, most of that " SUFFERING " could've been prevented if they just had those peace negotiations or well, asked if they could return to begin with.

giving this episode a 1/10 just because its flat out dumb in so many ways that i'd rather rewatch the Fardain arc. This episode had so much potential that was wasted.

It's like saying you love someone and do everything you possible can to hurt/screw them over, then use his/her pain as motivaton to continue
I wish they had brought up the peace offers. If only so we could have gotten more information about what exactly they stated. Was it simply a ceasefire and both sides stay in their own areas? If the peace offers didn't include permission to return to the Earth Sphere then it's no wonder it would never be accepted. A simple cease-fire isn't going to end this conflict.