View Single Post
Old 2012-12-16, 00:37   Link #17
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
So you are saying that I am a terrible poster?
Well, that's up to your interpretation.

Quote:
The post count system shouldn't reflect on how much respect a certain person should get. I think this rep system is a pretty good way of representing a member's image rather than postcounts, since a series of one-liner posts to get a cookie means naught about the person.

Then again, there are people like Anh Minh who post 1-liner of criticism well worth their weight in merit. It is still the content of the post that determines the amount of respect that a person should get - as fair as it can go.
I don't know. You can spam worthless one liners and get rep still if you took a popular opinion "X is super cute!" There are definitely mediocre posters with both high posts and high rep and good posters with low posts and low rep. Pretty much every combination exists and I end up having to read their fucking posts in the end. Effectively rep really just shows how well you conform to the forum norms unless you took the challenge and actively post actually thoughtful posts without caring about what the majority thinks, but there's only a handful of people that reflect such a thing and status, and no that isn't me either.

It's pretty easy to rig the system anyways. I could just post inoffensive stuff that constantly shits out sunshine and rainbows but what would be the fun of that?

Rep IS better than post count. Just still not worth much.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews