View Single Post
Old 2012-06-22, 05:01   Link #3293
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qilin View Post
One thing that some atheists need to understand is that, in my opinion, some beliefs should just be left alone. As some posts above have stated, people seek certainty in their lives, whether it be from sensory input, cold hard logic, or religious faith. Imposing your own belief on someone else is the worst thing you can do since beliefs are a manifestation of one's own subjective experiences.
I'm atheist and I do agree with that. Used to be quite arguable in these matters a few years ago. Today, most of the time I just prefer the live and let live option. All the other people in my workplace have a religion, they know I'm an atheist and I get along with them just fine.

There was actually only one time the past 2 years that I got into a semi-serious religious argument. Believe it or not, in a massage parlor. Halfway during the session, the masseuse asked if I had religion - to which I casually answered none (in the casual tone that I use at work). Suddenly her manner of speaking changed and I sense the atmosphere become heavy. Considered leaving but the massage fee would be wasted, so I stayed and finished it. It was one of the most awkward massage sessions I ever experienced, and I haven't gone back to that place ever since.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote