View Single Post
Old 2012-08-28, 15:55   Link #40
jte742

I had a dream, when I was 8 or 9 years old, that my parents wanted to kill me and have another child because I hadn't turned out right. My mother was a "tiger mom" at the time, and my father was usually unable to persuade her to let up on me. My relationship with my parents is much better now, but it was very difficult for me then, and at the time I felt like if it were legal to do such a thing in reality, they would have seriously considered it.

I remember they found some doctor who offered to euthanize problem children for their parents - like Dr. Kevorkian for children. They even had brochures. My parents brought me to an office with a large machine (sort of like an MRI) that would disrupt my brain and cause me to die in seven days - so that I would have time to say goodbye. I think I woke up before they actually put me in the machine, but you can imagine how frightened I was after that. Some of the details might be incorrect (it was more than half a lifetime ago, after all), but that is one dream I don't think I will ever forget.

Other than that, I've had lots of really odd dreams. Totally forgetting about an important exam, or seeing a shoot-out outside my home (which, in my neighborhood, is even less likely than being struck by lightning). I've even had dreams about my computer breaking down and not being able to fix it...
jte742 is offline   Reply With Quote