View Single Post
Old 2013-02-05, 07:48   Link #2939
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
And many of those parents give bad advice. Many parents seek to exploit their children. That a parent consents to a contract should have no bearing on the long term viability of a contract. Parents don't always have the best interests of their children at heart.
The same argument can be applied to everyone. The fact you make it seem everyone but the ultimate employee are all untrustworthy is not the way one should look at this issue. Either everyone is untrustworthy, or everyone is untrustworthy. Your kind of selective bias is improper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonQuigleone View Post
My point is that the fact that their personal lives has bearings on their work is the problem. Their employers and their fans should mind their own business, and the law should land on the side of the idols. If the business is not sustainable with idols having control over their own personal lives, then the business should be discontinued.

Now I would agree that the agencies can stipulate what their public lives are like. But they have no right to stipulate anyone's private life, because it's private, IE by it's definition it is not their concern, no one should ever see it. If Idols are discreet but get found out by Paparazzi, it should not be the idol suffering the consequences, but the Paparazzi for intruding on the idol's privacy. It is the paparazzi destroying the product, not the idol. If an idol loses sales due to the actions of the paparazzi, then the company should sue the paparazzi for lost earnings. Whether two people visit one another is nobody's business but those two people. The fans, tabloids and production companies have to suck it up and deal with it.
Your point is basically one of irresponsibility, pure and simple, and as such you're basically supporting a faulty reasoning to say one's private life has no bearing on one's public life or occupation. The fact you keep arguing it is very difficult to comprehend except for the individualism superiority I tend to see.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote