View Single Post
Old 2007-05-27, 02:28   Link #39
Hiei-

Okay, this post seems less harsh so let's go :

Quote:
Of course it's less accurate when you used french subs as a base.
I didn't. When I did the english scripts, I did it from the raw so from japanese, so I don't see where it would be less accurate (what I explained before about frenchs, maybe I didn't really explained it very well with my crappy english, let's summary, it was more or less "I'm doing a japanese to french fansub, so it would be easy to make an english one, a.ka. a japanese to english one).

The english one is even more accurate than the french one in fact ;-) When I translated it again from the raw to english, I found some better ideas of translations for some sentences.

Quote:
The reason why the old project didn't get kept, was because the team's main translator (I'm not naming anyone) thought your translations were not good enough..
Which is the complete contrary of what you and all the others were saying at that time. The big problem was no one seemed motivated to edited them, so lol. I wonder what he thinks about ep 4-5 if he found 1-2 crappy lol ("Rokkoushin's runner" instead of "the runner of the sixth line", funny lol, not to mention all the characters name I had to correct although the names are easy to listen)

Who is ? Suzuran ? There were only her and the guy of ep. 3 (she did 4-5 and I did 1-2). I'm curious about what he have to say so say him to come here and make a detailled review of it, DarkSoul is maybe a crappy translator/checker in fact (it should suck to live in Japan with a crappy japanese XD), so let's just be convinced.

As long as there no argumentation about it, it seems that's nothing other than scum (especially when you're "not naming anyone", if he's sure of him, I'll be happy to listen to him, and thanks him for his help) and more like an excuse. I better trust DarkSoul than any others translators anyway, except argumentation which proves me the contrary.

It's like if I said "someone I trust a lot say me "fill-the-blank-yourself"'s team make crappy translations, and when people ask me "give some example, I'm answering "erm, you know, those things!

I did all the signs of the third episode but 95% of them seems useless, so I won't probably do them again later (like who cars about something like "Cycle Shop something", "Stationnery something").

So unless this person is sure of him and come to post by himself to explain it, I'll thinking probably like some others people than :

1) He don't exist
2) He's not sure of him

Maybe both lol.

About the timing, why do you care if the translation is crappy? That's mean you won't download it, so the timing be "like this" or "like that", whatever ?

Others translations checkers will be recruited as long as your friend will come and explain what he have to say, proving we need some others by saying some things like "01'02, line xxx, "in fact they say "put-japanese-retranscription-here", which should be translated by "put-english-translation-here" and not what you put, which is "put-my-translation-here" for all the wrong sentences (or most of it if there more a bunch of it). If not, I don't see the necessity of searching some others.

I'm not also mad about you, I didn't used the timing because I already had a timing done and I was planning to ask you if you wanted to do it for the following ones, and I know how it suck to did some work to a project you like and that this work become unused, but finally I won't as long as this guy come and explain what he have to do, if he exist, and/or if he's sure of him. Maybe he's right, who knows, never said he don't, but I don't like the people who hide themselves and don't give argumentations when you ask too.

But debate about this during decades would be useless, so as I said, two choices, if come here and say what he have to do, or else, if keep what he thinks for him if he's not sure enough to come and explain it here. I don't really see the interest of saying "something suck" if when the people ask you "Why?", you answer "It sucks, that all!".

If it's too timid (why not, lol), I can provide again the vob of the first episode if he want, to let him make his own translation, then posting both ssa and compare them.

I'm saying it a last time, if there's a lot of wrongs things, of course I'll be happy to know it to correct them, and also to kick DarkSoul's ass because he did a portion of each episode (and especially a big part of the episode three which was a lot different than the manga) and so if his japanese skills are in fact crappy, mass kicks for him XD

If not, I'll consider my translation isn't that bad, as no one as something to say against it yet (which isn't hard, I admit it, when you have the japanese mangas because 80% of the dialogs are exactly the same in the anime, so by using it, you can assure to not misunderstand some sentences).

We could also check the guy who scanlate the manga if your friend don't come, to see, if he's also have more or less the same thing as me, I think we can say who is wrong ^^; (Three people unlinked can't translate each dialog with each time the same error), but I'm lazy so if someone want to do it.

By the way, I'm just thinking about it, is he one of those you paid to make the last remaining translations of Wild Striker like you explained me a while ago? Because if it's so, I would maybe understand better why he's saying you something you maybe want to hear... Money rules everything.

In fact, maybe I'll stop the projects waiting until your friend come and points the hundred/two hundreds (?) errors, I wouldn't really distro some bad translations (like translations which are completely saying things other than the ones the characters says in fact) because there's always a possibility he's right, so I'll think about it and say it later.

Then I'll make a news on the website when I'll have finished to think about it, to explain it, posting a link to this thread and such, to let them get be aware of why I decided "this" or "that".

Last edited by Hiei-; 2007-05-27 at 03:00.
Hiei- is offline   Reply With Quote